Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Night Before the Thaw

Howie, Aislinn & I are in VA for the FET. If all goes well the appointment is scheduled for 1:30 pm. My best friend, Brenda, is going to babysit Aislinn while we're at the clinic. I was feeling good and having a good time up until now. I have been trying to keep my mind off of the whole defrosting Frosty thing. Tomorrow we'll find out what happens. My stomach is in knots and I'm starting to obsess about the odds that our one little frozen embryo will survive the thaw. I know the odds aren't great and we only have one shot at this. I love Aislinn and if she's our only child that'll be fine. She's beautiful and amazing. We are so grateful for her. I would just LOVE to give her a little brother or sister. I just want a shot at it, I just want Frosty to thaw well. After that we'll worry about the next step. Keep your fingers crossed for us. We need it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dying to hear how things went

Anonymous said...

I can hardly believe what I've just read and seen. I feel like I'm in some alternate universe! I came across your blog by googling "aislinn". My daughter was born in September of 2007 and that day I got something I have wanted since I was 16 years old, an Aislinn Elizabeth. The conversation with the BFI sounds almost EXACTLY like many of my conversations with people before she was born (we had no idea what we were having, but we knew what the names would be). The way I see it, I wanted my daughter to have a beautiful and unique name (as mine is Jennifer) and when she gets older, I have no doubt in my mind that my little mini-me will boisterously tell anyone who says her name incorrectly, the appropriate pronunciation of her name. (I'm sure yours will as well)
As if that wasn't coincidence enough...my husband is a HUGE mets fan and we live on Long Island! :)
Good luck with your little Aislinn - maybe they'll be lucky enough to meet each other some day!

Anonymous said...

UPDATE????