Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Waiting

My... week 1/2 wait is over on Wednesday. In the past the two week wait started after transfer but this time it seemed to have started on the day of retrieval. It hasn't be any easier than a full two weeks. I peed on a stick on Sunday, or maybe it was Saturday, I don't know. It was negative. So were the other 2 after that. I know it's still early-ish and I know that you can get false positives when the hCG from the trigger shot is wearing off and the hormones from the possible baby are kicking in, but it seems like everyone in the world gets a positive but me. Of course, I think that's later, and this is still kind of early. I didn't do one with any of my IUIs or the IVF cycle when I got pregnant with Aislinn so I don't know what is normal for me. I just waited it out because that is what the doc advised. I wish I had done the same this time because now I'm just driving myself more crazy. I mean, I'm exhausted, I have been all day, and here I am up at 2 am!

So, possible symptoms? My boobs hurt so much. They hurt more and more each day. I'm exhausted... but I'm always exhausted. However, this really is a whole new level of exhaustion. On Friday I couldn't stay awake and I fell asleep while Aislinn watched 1 1/2 hours of Backyardigans. TV is a great babysitter! Then I woke up and played with her until it was time for lunch and then it was nap time for her and for me too. I slept for another 3 hours. Then Howie came home and I think I might have fallen asleep on the couch again. I slept just about 90% of the day on Saturday and I didn't sleep but I laid around all day on Sunday. I get winded when I walk up the stairs. I honestly have to take a minute to catch my breath when I get to the top and I'm huffing and puffing. On Friday I desperately wanted buffalo wings and on Saturday all I wanted to eat was onion. I know it seems early for cravings but I was the same way when I was pregnant with Aislinn. I started to tell myself that it's just all the hormones in my system doing it to me, but it's the way I felt when I was pregnant with Aislinn and before my last miscarriage so that's what I know. Oh, and I'm really moody. Bitchy, cranky, and weepy. A Zales commercial made me cry last night. It was really sweet. And I got a bit teary during Chuck tonight but I don't think that Howie noticed that. I have awful headaches but I don't think that's a pregnancy symptom. Well, I guess it could be. I had a brief moment on Saturday night when I was sure I was going to yack but I didn't. I felt a bit like puking tonight too but I didn't. Let's hope I don't.

Let's hope that it's not just the drugs, lets hope that one or both of the embryos have grabbed on. Now I think I can maybe get some sleep. Night night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

still keeping everything crossed for you here!

Love ya,
L

Anonymous said...

That zales commercial...its the one with the old couple holding hands huh? It gets me everytime too! I had all these same symptoms when I was preggo the second time..and I got a false negative too.