Friday, February 15, 2008

Hello Again!

So, it's been a while. I was going to give up on blogging... scratch that... I had given up on blogging. Life with a little one has been busy and it has been hard to manage the rest of my life. I guess I'm just not that good at balancing life, but I'm working on it. I thought about creating another blog with a different name because maybe I didn't always want to talk about my lazy ovaries, however, I think my lazy ovaries are tied to other challenges in my life so maybe it is a good name for my blog. Who knows, but here I am. I missed putting my thoughts and feelings down and if you want to read that's great, and if you don't that's fine too. I just need an outlet.

Aislinn is 12 1/2 months old now. Yup, she's 1!!! She's smart, strong and beautiful. We love her and everything she does. She took her first step right before Thanksgiving but didn't get the hang of it until a day after Christmas. Now she runs around and talks and laughs and plays. She has full tantrums and she also gives the best kisses. She always dances when she hears music and claps when she finishes something she worked really hard at. She is absolutely the love of my life and she loves me back.

Howie is going back to work in NYC. He'll be making more money, not a crazy amount, but we should be able to pay our bills and save some cash too. He's going to be working with his father, groomed to take over his dad's job. His dad is the president so someday we hope to live comfortably. Right now I'm looking forward to someday moving out of this tiny itty bitty condo. With Aislinn and her toys and our furniture there just isn't any room. Not even for things that I'd like to use, like muffin pans and wine glasses. A average size house that is NOT attached to another home would be great. I mean, Aislinn can take out her shape sorter and dump the shapes on the floor and then take out her Little People Noah's Ark and suddenly the whole living room/dining room/office area is totally trashed. The whole being attached to other homes is an issue because while I LOOOOOVEEE my fabulous neighbors I don't love their cigarette smoke. Perhaps they don't mind the possibility of lung cancer but I would not like that for myself or my family. I can't ask them to not smoke in their home but it's leaking into our house. It's gross! The other thing is that I can hear them talking, vacuuming, music, showering & running up and down the stairs. We try to not hear other things they may like to do. The other day I was giving Aislinn a bath and I swore that I heard someone walking around in our house and then I could hear someone running up the stairs and even felt the vibrations in the floor but it was actually my neighbor! WTF? Not their fault it's just that it's a shitty condo. So, we'll just hope that we'll be able to buy a house someday soon.

Me? I'm still seeing a nutritionist and going to acupuncture. Each week I go to Mommy & Me and we also have a play group. It's nice. Aislinn absolutely gets to socialize and so do I. I'm trying to work through some emotional issues, nothing earth shattering but I think I just haven't focused on my inner self in a while and now there's plenty of spring cleaning to do. I have decided to take part in Oprah's online class and read Eckhart Tolle's A New Earth. I need to get reading because the class starts pretty soon.

So that's about all there is now. I hope to be back soon so check in every once in a while... or not... it's up to you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah a post! Dont stop blogging. Can you believe our girls are one already??? Now I have another on the way. AH alredy all her toys consume the house!