Wednesday, November 15, 2006

29 Weeks Down, 11 Weeks To Go

This week has been pretty uneventful compared to the drama of last week. Aislinn has been pretty active and spent a good 15 minutes last night thumping on my cervix. It was very uncomfortable but it has been one of her favorite things to do since about the 20th week. It's ok though, she only has 11 more weeks in there. My baby belly is getting pretty big. It's funny, there are some days that I could swear my belly has grown a great deal from one day to the next. I love it though. I love my baby belly, I love rubbing it, I love looking at it, and I love having her all to myself right now. I almost feel a little sad that in three months she's going to come out of there and I have to share her with everyone else. Plus, I kind of like how Howie kisses, talks to, and cuddles with my belly. It's too cute. Anyway, here's the most recent picture taken of my belly.

The count down to the baby shower has begun. Just three more days to go! I'm so excited! I was trying to pry some info out of my mother about the shower but she wouldn't say a word. That's pretty good for her, she usually has a really hard time keeping things to herself. My sister did let me know that they've worked pumpkins into the theme. I hope she also worked pumpkin pie into the dessert table. No matter what I'm sure it's going to be great. I can't wait to see all of my family and friends. Howie and I haven't had a chance to see anyone other than immediate family since we moved up here. We're still spending every free moment trying to get things in order around this house. We didn't get a chance to paint the baby's room this weekend. I don't think it's going to happen this weekend either. That's ok though. It's amazing to me how much stuff we still have. We got rid of so much before selling our house in VA. It just felt like we had so much more room in the last house even though it's the same amount. Our things just fit in so much better there. I think we need professional help. It's also a lot harder to get things done when I'm tired and sore. I also can't lift heavy things, when I get down on the floor I need help getting back up, and I don't have the balance that I used to have for climbing. Hopefully in the next few weeks we'll be able to get everything finished around here. I did start to pack a few things in a bag for the hospital. Just when I run across something I think I'll need there I throw it into the bag.

I guess that's about it for now. I promise to update you on more interesting events this weekend.

2 comments:

Les said...

Look at the belly!!!!! :)

so cute! I miss you like crazy and wish i could attend your shower!
Love ya, Les

Brenda said...

baby baby baby. i'm uber excited. xmas can't come fast enough for me to see you and baby belly!!!

xoxoox
love you, miss you TERRIBLY!